Google Home refers to the Smart Speakers which was first developed by Google itself. It was first declared in the year 2016 and launched in November 2016 in the United States and globally released in 2017 and 2018. However, Google Home speakers allow users to easily speak voice commands just to interact with services via Google’s personal assistant software which is called a Google Assistant. Although Google Home is a smart device with advanced technology are quite smart most of the time, but sometimes it might not be correct when it creates problems in performing any feature. Many times, it happens due to Wi-Fi issue, a microphone that doesn’t work properly, speakers that don’t deliver apparent sound or any other connected devices which don’t communicate with the Google Home speaker.
In spite of Google Home is not working correctly, there are some methods to fix issues that create problem in using Google Home. Here how to do it:
Steps to Fix Common Google Home Issues
Underneath are some common issues by which users are troubling and unable to use Google Home. Let them resolve by following simple steps which are mentioned below. But before you continue with the process, we suggest you follow the steps in the same manner as given below. Otherwise, these steps will create more issues and unwanted errors for the users and takes you more time. Here how to do it:
Solution-1: Reboot Your Google Home
Even though what type of problem you’re facing with your Google Home, no matter what actually the problem is, you just need to restart your device. Resetting device might help you in fixing the issue. Here how to do it:
- Firstly, Download Google Home direct from the App store such as Google Play or App Store from the iPhone.
- Click on the ‘Menu’ tab located at the upper right corner of the application.
- Search for the Google Home device from the list of the device name appeared on the screen.
- After that, press the ‘Small’ menu to the upper right side of the list appears on the screen.
- Finally, click on the ‘Reboot’ tab to restart the Google Home device.
If in case, restarting via the software doesn’t help you in fixing the issue, you have to unplug the power cord located at the rear of the Google Home and leave it idle for seconds, and then you need to unplug for at least 60 seconds. After that, plug back the and power cord in the device, and you need to wait for 1 minute or until it powered on completely. Once done, check that if the problem is fixed or not.
Solution-2: Incorrect Location Information
Sometimes, if your Google Home has incorrect location setup, you will surely get some weird results on the screen whenever you asked regarding current weather situations, you can also request for the traffic updates, you can also get distance info from anywhere you are, and many more. Here we provide you troubleshooting steps to resolve these issues:
- Click to launch the Google Home app by using the same network as Google Home.
- Click on the ‘Menu’ tab located at the upper left corner of the screen to launch the menu.
- After that, choose ‘More Settings’ option.
- Now, from the list of device, click on the ‘Google Home’ option.
- Select ‘Device Address’ from the given list.
- Once done, type the correct address in the space given on the screen.
- Press the ‘OK’ tab to apply the changes on the screen.
However, if any user wants to change the locations set up for your home and work, one can easily do that via the Google Home app:
- From the main menu option, navigate to the ‘More Settings’ option.
- Under the ‘More Settings’ option, choose ‘Personal Info’ tab.
- Choose ‘Home and Work Locations’ option.
- Now, enter the appropriate address directly from your home and work, or you can also click on the existing one to edit it on the screen.
- Lastly, click on the ‘OK’ tab to save all the changes that you have recently done.
Alexa Thomson is an security expert who has worked with leading antivirus software companies. Owing to her expertise in security, finance, accountancy, and technology, her blogs have been published in leading magazines and platforms. Her favorite antivirus software writings come for webroot support number.